Ecuadorian visual storyteller. He is a member of Fluxus Foto and The Everyday Projects He has worked in several State programs and NGOs as an educator through workshops and a producer of photographic and audiovisual content focused on Edu-Communication, Human Rights and Territory. He has also produced educational programs for Public TV.
David has collaborated with Bloomberg News - Cannabis Scientist Magazine. Assignments for campaigns of UNHCR The UN Refugee Agency and Amnesty International Sverige. His work been published in the National Geographic, Washington Post, BBC News, El País, Amnesty Press, G1Global News, Visão Magazine, Bistandsaktuelt, DulceEquisNegra Magazine, El Salto Diario amongst others.
Awards & Exhibitions
- Winner / Journalism Grant "Ilegal Fishing in Galápagos" GK, Internews and USFQ. Ecuador 2021 - Selected participant / National Geographic StoryTellers Summit 2021 - Collective Winner / XXVII Edition of the "Jorge Mantilla Ortega Journalism Contest" Ecuador 2020
- Collective Exhibition/ Photoville Festival "The Far-reaching Fallout from COVID-19" New York 2020 - Exhibition/ GetxoPhoto International Image Festival, "Back to the streets" España 2020.
- Collective Winner/ National Geographic COVID-19 Emergency Found for Journalist 2020.
- Collective Winner/ King's College London, "The Visual Embodied Methodologies Found" England 2020.
- Exhibition/ FestFoto Photo Festival of Porto Alegre, "Emergências do Sul Global" Brasil 2020.
- Exhibition/ Auditorio Kraft CCNV, "Mujer y Memoria" Argentina 2020
- Selected/ The Year in Pictures for Bloomberg LP, New York 2019
- Portfolio Review/ San José International Photo Festival, partner PH Museum, Uruguay 2018
- Exhibition/ Sucede Cuando Callamos "We are Culture UTPL" Private Collage of Loja, Ecuador 2017
- Portfolio Review/ San José International Photo Festival, partner National Geographic, Uruguay 2016.